Compliance of ‘International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing–Smart Technology’ to the Principles of transparency and best practice in scholarly publishing
(joint statement by COPE, DOAJ, WAME, and OASPA; http://doaj.org/bestpractice)
Table of Contents
- 1. Website
- 2. Name of journal
- 3. Peer review process
- 4. Ownership and management
- 5. Governing body
- 6. Editorial team and contact information
- 7. Copyright and licensing
- 8. Author fees
- 9. Process for the identification of and dealing with allegations of research misconduct
- 10. Publication ethics
- 11. Publishing schedule
- 12. Access
- 13. Archiving
- 14. Revenue sources
- i. The URL address of official journal web site: http://www.ijpem-st.org
- ii. ‘Aims & Scope’ statement: It is described at the masthead page.
- iii. Readership: It is primarily for ‘International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing–Smart Technology’ ODA Researchers. Its readership can be expanded to other positions: Researchers on journal publishing and bibliometrics can get the recent topics of journal publishing and editing; Professors on communication can access and adopt a variety of data for education; Students can understand the recent trends of the journal publishing and editing; Policy makers are able to reflect the results of the articles to the nation-wide science promotion policies; The scientists are able to read the advancement in the journal to be submitted so that they have a better knowledge on the journal selection.
- iv. Authorship criteria: It is described at the Instructions to authors.
- v. Duplicate submission and redundant publication: It is described at the Instructions for authors.
- vi. pISSN: 2951-4614 eISSN: 2951-6382
2. Name of journal
The official journal title is International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Smart Technology. Abbreviated title is IJPEM-ST.
3. Peer review process
We adopt double-blind peer reviews.
4. Ownership and management
- i. Information about the ownership: This journal is owned by the publisher, Korean Society for Precision Engineering (http://kspe.or.kr).
- ii. Management team of a journal – Publication Committee of KSPE (2022~present)
- President of KSPE: Seok-Woo Lee, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, Korea
- Manuscript Editor: Su-Hyun Kang, Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Korea
- Website and JATS XML File Producers: Minyoung Choi, M2PI, Korea; Jeonghee Im, M2PI, Korea
5. Governing body
The governing body is the journal's editorial board.
6. Editorial team and contact information
- i. Editorial team is available from Editorial board page at the front part of the journal.
- ii. Contact information
International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing–Smart Technology
12F, SKY1004 bldg., 50-1, Jungnim-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 04508, Republic of Korea
7. Copyright and licensing
- i. Copyright policy: All published papers become the permanent property of the International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing–Smart Technology. Copyrights of all published materials are owned by the Korean Society for Precision Engineering. Permission must be obtained from the International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing–Smart Technology for any commercial use of materials. Every author should sign the copyright transfer agreement forms.
- ii. Licensing information: This is an open-access journal distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited for non-commercial purpose (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
- iii. Deposit policy: According to the deposit policy (self-archiving policy) of Sherpa/Romeo(http://www.sherpa.ac.uk), authors cannot archive pre-print (i.e. pre-refereeing),but they can archive post-print (i.e. final draft post-refereeing). Authors can archive publisher's version/PDF.
8. Author fees
Neither page charge, article processing fee nor submission fee will be applied. It is the platinum open access journal.
9. Process for the identification of and dealing with allegations of research misconduct
When the journal faces suspected cases of research and publication misconduct such as redundant (duplicate) publication, plagiarism, fraudulent or fabricated data, changes in authorship, an undisclosed conflict of interest, ethical problems with a submitted manuscript, a reviewer who has appropriated an author’s idea or data, complaints against editors, and so on, the resolution process will follow the flowchart provided by the Committee on Publication Ethics (http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts).
The discussion and decision on the suspected cases are carried out by the Editorial Board.
*Important note: the journal may use software to screen for plagiarism
10. Publication ethics
- i. Journal policies on authorship and contributor ship: It is described at the Research and publication ethics.
- ii. How the journal will handle complaints and appeals; The policy of the journal is primarily aimed at protecting the authors, reviewers, editors, and the publisher of the journal. If not described below, the process of handling complaints and appeals follows the guidelines of the Committee of Publication Ethics available from: https://publicationethics.org/appeals
- • Who complains or makes an appeal?
Submitters, authors, reviewers, and readers may register complaints and appeals in a variety of cases as follows: falsification, fabrication, plagiarism, duplicate publication, authorship dispute, conflict of interest, ethical treatment of animals, informed consent, bias or unfair/inappropriate competitive acts, copyright, stolen data, defamation, and legal problem. If any individuals or institutions want to inform the cases, they can send a letter to editor For the complaints or appeals, concrete data with answers to all factual questions (who, when, where, what, how, why) should be provided.
- • Who is responsible to resolve and handle complaints and appeals?
The Editor, Editorial Board, or Editorial Office is responsible for them.
- • What may be the consequence of remedy?
It depends on the type or degree of misconduct. The consequence of resolution will follow the guidelines of the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE).
- • Who complains or makes an appeal?
- iii.Journal policies on conflicts of interest / competing interests: It is described at Research and publication ethics.
- v. Journal's policy on ethical oversight: When the Journal faces suspected cases of research and publication misconduct such as a redundant (duplicate) publication, plagiarism, fabricated data, changes in authorship, undisclosed conflicts of interest, an ethical problem discovered with the submitted manuscript, a reviewer who has appropriated an author’s idea or data, complaints against editors, and other issues, the resolving process will follow the flowchart provided by the Committee on Publication Ethics (http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts). The Editorial Board will discuss the suspected cases and reach a decision. We will not hesitate to publish errata, corrigenda, clarifications, retractions, and apologies when needed.
- vi. Journal's policy on intellectual property: All published papers become the permanent property of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering. Copyrights of all published materials are owned by the Korean Society for Precision Engineering.
- vii. Journal's options for post-publication discussions and corrections: The post-publication discussion is available through letter to editor. If any readers have a concern on any articles published, they can submit letter to editor on the articles. If there founds any errors or mistakes in the article, it can be corrected through errata, corrigenda, or retraction.
11. Publishing schedule
It is to be published biannually. Supplement issues may be published.
This is an open access journal distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Is is accessible without barrier from National Library of Korea (http://nl.go.kr) in the event a journal is no longer published.
14. Revenue sources
Revenue sources of journal were from the support of publisher (Korean Society for Precision engineering), Korean Government’s support, and other organization.